The body of a healthy non-pregnant woman of childbearing age is subject to cyclical changes. A few weeks after the onset of menstruation, you can notice some signs of ovulation in yourself – this is a favorable time for conception. Caution should be taken if there are no signs. You can always check for ovulation with the best ovulation test strips.
The health of a woman depends on the work of her endocrine system. Follicle maturation and ovum release are controlled by hormones. This is the natural cycle necessary for possible conception. If there are no health problems, then ovulation occurs in the middle of the cycle and lasts about 2-3 days, after which the egg dies.
In some cases, you need to monitor the signs of ovulation:
- Identify a favorable time for conception.
- You can use the cycle control technique as a natural way to prevent unwanted pregnancy.
- With suspected gynecological diseases, in order to track during which period the fetal egg matures and leaves.
- Make sure that ovulation basically occurs.
A woman can independently determine the phases of her cycle or go to the clinic for instrumental observation.
What are the most reliable signs of ovulation?
Several methods are used to determine the phase of the cycle. Some rely on subjective physiological sensations, but their intensity differs in different women and greatly depends on external factors.
Physiological signs of an egg cell exit:
- short, about an hour, pain in the ovary;
- a sharp increase in libido;
- increased overall activity and increased appetite.
There are a number of accurate methods for determining ovulation time:
- Ultrasound is the most reliable confirmation that the follicle has matured and the egg is ready for fertilization.
- Method for measuring basal temperature. From the first day of the cycle, a woman needs to measure the rectal temperature in the morning without getting out of bed. The data is entered into the table. When the temperature begins to rise – this is a sign of a ripening follicle. A sharp jump – the release of the egg.
- The nature of cervical mucus changes. It will look like a raw egg protein, dense and viscous.
- The cervix becomes loose and slightly lowers.
- For accurate home diagnosis of ovulation, you can do special tests. The principle of their action is the same as that of determinants of pregnancy. Special strips are lowered into a container with urine. Do it for at least a week.
It is better to use several methods for the most accurate result.
The identification of signs of ovulation is an important diagnostic tool. This knowledge is useful for conception or, conversely, for preventing pregnancy, for detecting deviations in health or for confirming a diagnosis.